Thursday, November 10, 2005

No Sleep til Berkeley

Realizing I haven't updated since Halloween, other than the Trailer news. Anyone see it in the theatre, BTW? What movie is it attached to? Anyway, keeps getting busier - I topped 100 hours for the first time, and hopefully last time (though this week may get sky-high, too). It's good stuff I'm working on now - the end sequence with Kong in NYC (though that's about 1/4 of the movie). So, I could've taken it easy, and rode out the rest of my contract, but I didn't want to miss out on this sequence... The downside, of course, is running myself into the ground then hopping a plane, not having any time to hang out around town. I've been getting shorter and more infrequent trips to the gym, also. Can't do it all, I guess. Still making the time to get out socially/culturally, then often returning to work til the wee hours. And, of course, making the time to chat with Bonnie. Then getting up and getting in early, to get ready for dailies.

Saturday the 5th was Guy Fawkes Day - Inge & Mike had a '60's style party', and we got to watch the city fireworks from their yard. People were shooting fireworks all night, dodgy proposal, right next to the house. And some anonymous partygoer broke out a window. Fun party, though.

Lot of going-away events for people, Reynolds/Link was at Motel on Oct 28th, Jeff Unay on Monday 7th(@Genghis Khan), Chad (@Molly Malone's), 10th. Group dinner on the 2nd was "Hummingbird" (great tapas), and the 9th at "Kai in the City" , was a fun restaurant (family singalong), and good Maori fusion cuisine, but there were only 3 from the group! (Gambini, Gary Laurie, me). Thursday, Saw a screening at NZ Film Archive - a 'making of' the Synthesizer from 1970, and "Future Shock", hosted by Orson Welles (1973). Then drinks @ Molly Malone's for Chad's send-off, missed Mike Perry's b-day at Motel.

Friday, missed out on Steve Earle, to catch Gramsci at Bar Bodega. Pretty good show, like their style. Saturday, the SinkF69 was delayed due to weather, until Sunday. But went to check Dave Dobbyn at the Opera House. Not my favorite kind a music, but he put on an awesome show, rarely see such rapport with the audience.Stopped by Monsoon Poon for a departure dinner for some animator-types...

So, into the final few days (I fly out on Nov 18), so I'll have one more update for the weekend, then down to the final hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home