Sunday, October 30, 2005

Where the night shift is the day shift

So, I'm tired of saying it's a busy week. I let the #'s speak for themselves - I realized a couple weeks ago, I set a new personal record with 84 hours. This past week I finished by Sunday morning with 90 (does midnight on Sunday start counting toward the next week's timecard? Not sure). This week will be likely be higher, with a big reel deadline on Saturday. The way it works in the biz is director have to lock their reels (24 minutes of film?) so the post-post production (editing, sound) can finish, and they can start making prints. So, while the crew are still working on chunks of the movie, certain reels are done and are already getting the thousands of prints made to ensure worldwide opening on Dec 14....

So, yeah it's busy - I'm working twice more in a week than the 'average' person's week. But, I'm making the time to get out, see cultural events and socialize. Thursday night was catching 'Corpse Bride' at the Cinelounge, Saturday night was 'Hayseed Dixie', doing bluegrass covers of hard rock and classic rock tunes. Fantastic, white trash galore, and it was packed!!! Didn't think they'd be so popular in Oz / New Zealand.

Sunday was a special treat - we got a screening of Matthew Barney's 'Drawing Restraint 9', an 'avante-garde' piece from the partner of Bjork (who starred). Visual feast, some good mood settings, some amazing physical effects and props and sets. Fantastic sounds, too, mostly from Bjork and others (though no Matmos on there, :{ ) Thanks to Matthew Wallin, proprietor of 'Mantron Corp' what did the CG (helped out by a few peeps at Tippett I saw).


Halloween weekend. Not much going on around town, really, nothing special. Don't know why they don't observe Halloween around here. I miss the vibe, but I'm somewhat in the mood listening to War of the Worlds, Alice Cooper, specialty shows on streaming radio... I'll miss out on my tradtion of reading 'Call of Cthulu' every Halloween though, pick it up next year.

On to the week (this work week started mid-September, if you know what I'm sayin)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home