Friday, November 04, 2005

New Kong Trailer

So, the new King Kong trailer hit the world, and is in hot and heavy rotation, and all the Aint-it-cool-news shut-ins are acream with glee. It is pretty dang impressive - gives a sense of the depth of the story (honestly, only looking at my few seconds of footage, I have no idea how the whole movie will come together). Fine lookin work, too. Kong is King has a shot-by-shot analysis of it, complete with HD frame pulls. A lot of the same shots from the first trailer o so long agon, here are my shots that I comped wall, gate. These are trailer-only, they're not in the movie anywhere, so peep them while you can. If any non-VFX-worker ("civilian") wants to scrutinize and ask questions about any shot (within the boundaries of my NDA), fire away. You can get an inside glimpse of how the business works, and how closely some images are inspected! (known by the unofficial term "pixel-f***ing")

More updates when I can... I'm only here another 14 days!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I really don't get the concept of a planned "trailer-only" shot. It sounds like you mean it was planned anyway. I thought stuff that didn't make it to the movie was just cut. Not that is was never intended to be in the movie.

(Thanks for blogging, btw.)

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello mr Johnson!

I pretty much liked the trailer, but I was wondering if WETA is still working on some of the shots. I have some problems with color palette of the trailer (a bit too oversaturated for my taste) and Kong looks a bit cut out from the background in some of the shots. I was very impressed by the Empire State Building sequence though.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Great work in the trailer... Great stuff! I actually like the fantasy look/palette of the film.
My only technical complaint would be that the blue-screening of Naomi is a bit obvious in the wide shot of her retreating from the V-rex. But I assume that shot will continue to be tweaked.

Keep up the great work! I'll be there opening weekend...

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home