Sunday, August 28, 2005

Week of 22 Aug to 28 Aug

Weeks roll along - heaps of work accomplished, not much doing outside of work. I should tally hours at work, hours at the gym, (the few) hours of sleep, and see what remaining time I actually have. Breaking news this week, not related to me - but Bob Moog died on Sunday in Asheville NC at the age of 71!! Most of you know, but Moog basically created the first synthesizer keyboards, after learning the foundations of electronic music by building theremins. (I played a dirge on my theremin after hearing the news.) The world will miss him... Many radio stations that I've been listening to had tribute shows to him (lot o' Wendy Carlos, Keith Emerson, Jan Hammer, Chick Corea, Zappa)

Saturday was the 'Tri-Nations' rugby, New Zealand-Australia-South Africa rivalry, caught the game downtown. Next Saturday is the final game in the series, and it may be the last time for me to catch the All-Blacks! (They tour the UK in November, round about the time I'll be leaving.)

Oh, the Kong Is King production diary (16 weeks to go), they feature the roto/paint department! As a former roto artist, I know how often they get the stiffed on recognition... the Rodney Dangerfield of VFX in a way. So it's great to see them get props. PJ himself even apologizes for some of the tough work he's subjecting them to. Those of you not familiar with the VFX pipeline, (and if you have broadband)I strongly encourage you to check out this movie. An interesting glimpse into the real work people do in this biz.

Upcoming : Not much this week again, but the following week my sister will be in town, I'm taking a few days off to show her around, looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home