Saturday, October 06, 2007

Then October

Hmmm... seems these updates are becoming monthly... Anyway, fun news - this weekend is SiliCon 07, a sci-fi/media arts/indiefilm convention, where I'm doing a presentation about my experience in the CGI business. I'll report back later...

Events the last few weeks : went to some concerts - Power to the Peaceful (Indigo Girls, Spearhead), Midlake (very cool - huge array of instruments); saw some classic movies - 'Hunchback' at Essanay Silent Film Museum, 'Day the Earth Stood Still' at Oakland Outdoor Movies. Went to bandmate Tim's wedding in Santa Clara; had a couple earthquake retrofit appointments on the house; caught up with friends who are changing jobs, or moving away (good luck Gen & Tom in Sydney!)

Also, my good friend from college Jan Miller has moved out to the bay area to work for Autodesk, I caught up with her for dinner in SF (at the launch of the new Kid Robot line of figures), but she's been pretty slammed with the move & looking for housing in Marin & paperwork for all those life things. Fluxuations in work have come up for me as well - got an offer from a small company in SF - very intriguing project & very attractive offer for the most part, but I ultimately decided to stay where I am, mainly because they've started to make good on giving me additional training, leading toward an opportunity to move into FX anim. More on that down the road, too... Bonnie had an intriguing new opportunity at work as well, but she declined as she determined it wasn't quite in-line with future goals. Still, always nice to have choices like this.

Plans are moving forward for out Big Event next summer. We've said all along we want to keep it manageable, not let it get out of hand, do planning in pieces, eschew tradition & impersonal standards, and focus on the guests, not us. Still, lot of work to do, and I expect the specific flavor will take shape when we plan the moment-to-moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home