Saturday, July 07, 2007

June-teeth

Looking back on this, June was super busy! As I write this, we've just wrapped a visit from family (basically all the peeps who w brother Greg & family, which I'll make a separate post about. After getting back from our midwest trip, we hit The Police reunion show at Oakland Coliseum. Very good show, kind of odd because they are so iconic, and I knew every single song they played. Sting can still belt it out, they had spectacular video displays, and I thought it was amazing it was only those 3 guys on stage (no extra singers/keys/percussion/etc). That weekend, I got naked on Lake Shore drive, for the Tree Spirit project. (A PG pic of me made the online Chron). Sunday was a friend's B-Day party and jam, which was fun and fruitful. The following week, I started a screenwriting course provided thru work (maybe send some of my efforts to those interested), and my band got a rehearsal space just a couple miles from the office! We're excited by that, just in time to prepare for the "talent show" at work Thursday, where we played 2 songs at high volume, and pretty much came in last by the judges. Badge of honor!
The following weekend was SF Pride - super huge crowds, surprising (to me), even for San Francisco. We watched most of the parade, a couple hours worth w/ 200+ dykes on bikes; all sorts of dancers; local politicians; quite a few animals rights organizations; Sulu on the Google float!; an annoying mom from Redding with 3 teenish daughters; the S&M contigent bringing up the rear, so to speak. Then met up with Tom Proctor & Gen for their going-away at Zeitgeist, we'll miss ya!!
Then I had a few more chill days, until Greg came into town. I stayed up all night on Thursday-into Friday, and got a call from him at 5 AM - they were delayed due to weather and pushed their flight until Sunday! Disappointing, but sht happens, and they were on track to arrive Sunday early, and stay an extra day at the end.
So, next entry - family visit, July 1-6. Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home