Wednesday, November 05, 2008

November & the future

Wow, realized I didn't post anything at all in October. Not much to crow about, I guess. But November - oh yeah, monumental change. Historical election, which has a lot of Americans really inspired again, and holds great promise for worldwide relations.
Firstly, a recap of goings-on. Finished my gig at ILM, which I mentioned last month. Been working at The Orphanage in San Francisco, on a commercial project (which is about 5 blocks from ILM). Definitely a different change of pace, and different workplace culture (and shoestrings) here... but interesting.
Halloween was OK - I had a wicked costume idea that came to me late. I usually don't do half-hearted costumes. If I have a grand plan, I'll go with it, but if it's half-baked, I'll skip dressing up entirely, or just do something ironic. Well, this one was cool : in one word, ossuary. 'What the...??', you may be asking yourself. Lexically, an ossuary is a collection of bones, usually in the open without confines of a coffin. In a more detailed explanation, it was a reference to the crypt of the Capuchin monks. Y'know, the famous piles of bones (more than 4,000 friars) in the Catholic church in Rome? Similar to the Sedlec Ossuary in Prague, or the Catacombs in Paris... My costume consisted of a typical monk outfit (robe, ropebelt, hood, cross necklace) + skull mask & skeleton gloves + a myriad of styrofoam bones sewn into the torso & I carried around a plastic skull. With the mask on, lurching around... I scared some kids, I tell you whut.
Other things happening this past month... went to a play by a small troupe in East Bay - "History of the Devil" by Clive Barker, produced by Ragged Wing troupe. They do a lot with very small budgets and limited space, we've been to a few of their shows.
Thought I could drop in my thoughts about the election, but I'll save that for another post.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beejay said...

Hey, Uncle Jeff. Thanks for noticing my blog. I know I'm often politically outspoken, and sometimes I make wild claims, but it's usually to counter my friend Isaac, who has a sickeningly liberal blog (not that liberal is bad in small doses). Anyway, my Halloween costume was definitely half-baked. I was originally planning to be a terrorist, but I didin't get a box to label WMDs, so I settled for being an arabic person. Very half-hearted: I had a fake beard, a towel for a turban, and a brown sheet for a robe. Your costume sounds unique and well-thought out. Probably pretty creepy, too. And yes, I will be able to vote in 2012. So warn society.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home