Monday, March 31, 2008

Music Updates

A few notes on the music front - band is still spinning our wheels, a bit. I really like what we've done, and how it's all going, but we're itching for a gig. Our demo's nearly done, I'll get it onto our myspace immediately. But I've also been branching out with 'Cafe Inertia' - a sorta singer/songwriter folksy-acoustic set I can do solo or with the keyboardist. Here's an open mic I did at Blake's On Telegraph mid-March. Please peep it (if you can put up with the crazy noise levels) & give me feedback.

Also, I'm signed up for voice lessons at Blue Bear in San Francisco next month. Do-Re-Mi!

And, you may have noticed the Pandora billboard on my sidebar. For those unfamiliar - it's a music media player (the 'music genome' project) which compiles a random playlist based on dichotomizing from some of your favorites that you give it. I'm a big fan of this service - it's a great stream to have on at work or in a radio-like setting (don't get me wrong, I don't think this should replace radio, just another option if you get sick of radio streams...) If you're on Pandora, look me up & lets share stations (my user ID is pegasusgiraffe, of course).

In non-me music happenings, I'm not very excited about the slate of musical releases this upcoming year (2007 didn't have a lot of high anticipation, and ended up disappointing in total). But March kinda snuck up on me, several releases I got recently which have pleased me : Gnarls Barkley - "The Odd Couple" (which was my first Amazon MP3 purchase); The Raconteurs - "Consolers of the Lonely"; and J2 - Jarboe and Justin Broadrick; Cavalera Conspiracy- the reunion of Sepultura's Cavalera bros.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beejay said...

Firstly, I want to wish you a happy, if slightly belated birthday (It only happens once a year). Secondly, I didn't know that you were in a band! That's really cool, and your video of yourself wasn't half-bad; I'd say you performed pretty well. Happy Easter & April Fool's Day, and keep updating the blog, as it is very cool.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Becki said...

I'll go check out Pandora when I get ahead at work again :) Thanks! (and I'll probably give the video a watch next week too - I'm swamped right now...so why am I looking at blogs?? Hmm....)

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home