Monday, October 02, 2006

Counting down to the band!

First of all - more mundane biz out of the way, watched the 2nd episode of "Heroes", and I must say I'm enjoying and respecting that show, if not in a huge way. Dialogue was better this week (there was much less of it, other than than Indian professor flapping his gums). But more StephenKing-like melodrama, where things play out and you discover everyone's involved in everyone else's life by these convoluted conspiracies and you hear about 2 or 3 times (though in this series - of course, these connections are the heart of the whole story). And it gets a little slow, with showing too much detail of each character's half-assed sleuthing. Almost like Unbreakable-meets a much watered down Watchmen-meets X Files not smoking weed. But tackling an ambitious story in an engaging manner, and I'll keep watching, and revising my own story to improve it.
But back in reallife, had our final big practice before the show, and helped build some set pieces for it. I'm very excited and confident that this'll be good, sounds great playing with these folks and the songs have come together really quickly. And I'm hoping that it'll get the audience to think - our set is a wide range of influences, and some weird stuff, but 'accessible'. I've got some low-level demo tracks up there, but they are super rough, complete with editing mistakes... A half-hour at my Mac, or a few tracks from rehearsal with one mic in the middle of the room. Maybe do some real recordings after the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home