Wednesday, September 27, 2006

More in September

Well, nothing groundbreaking and new. It feels odd coming out of summer - last year at this time I was coming out of winter (amidst the 90-hour weeks, and the travelling 10,000 miles round trip for a weekend). I haven't felt this particular change of seasons in 2 years. Um, what else... the car is running OK, but it's physically damaging and injurious to my soul to travel 45 miles to work. Other than that, the job is fine. Oh, crew gear ordering is open, friends give a shoutout if you want some S3 shirts and such. Oh, a new TV show debuted this week - "Heroes", taking a realistic, and often cynical exploration of people discovering they have super-powers. Interesting premise, but some really awful dialog, and why did they wait till the second week to introduce Greg Grunberg??. I like some of the story arcs and I like the little tidbits they're throwing in - the Texas teenage girl, and the Japanese salaryman in particular. I'll keep watching to see how it unfolds (the only show i might watch except for the FOX Sunday animations, and the occasional CSI). 'Heroes' is of particular interest to me, because it follows the same premise for a story I've been working on for a while. Mine deals more with a group of youths coping with their abilities (and how their messed-up lives unfold in contact with each other), whereas NBC's is more epic in its societal scope, there are a few definite similarities. Any writers in the houssse want to share ideas, give me a shoutout. Still, ya snooze you lose, but it's motivation to actually finish. I'm motivated on the musical front, too - I've put together a band to play at a company event. One could say a limited audience, but it's given me a reason to write and arrange and complete songs, and play with others (our practices have been great, stuff is sounding cool). Hopefully inertia will keep me going, as that is the name of the band - Colossal Inertia (taken from Faulkner).
I'll post some tracks as I finish arranging and mix them, maybe some live pics from the show!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home